We live in the stage of the cryptocurrency boom. The rates of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are setting new records, and the popularity of this payment instrument is becoming wider. The security and anonymity of payments using a new type of currency have generated demand from players who have enthusiastically embraced the possibility of carrying out financial transactions in bitcoins. Gradually, online casinos began to add Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin to the list of payment methods supported on the site. We have prepared a ranking of the best online casinos that accept cryptocurrency as payment. Now you can also experience all the benefits of using an independent currency.
It is very easy to explain why crypto casinos are enjoying increasing popularity. We have briefly summarized the most important arguments for you.
Although our steps for crypto casino reviews are easy and convenient, we wanted to give you a step-by-step guide as well. In this guide, we will explain what nuances are important in a quest for the perfect bitcoin casino experience.
There are many aspects to pay attention to. Security is one of the most important points, the license and the technical basis of the online casino must be right. You can find more details about the respective casino in our website casino reviews.
Did you know? Cryptocurrency prices are subject to large fluctuations. Don’t worry, this is perfectly normal, just don’t panic and look at the long-term price trends.
How to check if a crypto casino is legit?
If you decide to use cryptocurrency at online casinos, you need to make sure that the provider is popular and reliable.
The most important feature of a reputable crypto casino in Canada is chosen by the players themselves. So there is no official category for “serious”. But there are a few guidelines you might want to consider.
- It is a decentralized organization with no regulators, customs or banks.
- It is not a local operator. This means that crypto providers can move wherever they want. You can use a casino in other parts of the world where you are often seen in other countries and need to play in other countries.
- The payment procedures are open and transparent. You can always check how many transactions are taking place per day.
- There is no supervision or control by the authorities. Thus, the provider can be quite legal and you do not have to be afraid of trading illegally.
- There are no bookmakers or scammers in the industry.
- There is no limit on the number of deposits and withdrawals.
- The rules of the site are understandable, fair and clear.
- A few casinos offer a bonus to attract new customers.
- There is a good list of supervised games and players have experience with this platform.
- There is a limited number of transactions per day.
What are cryptocurrencies anyway?
In short: Cryptocurrencies are virtual currencies. There are no coins and no bills, just a number on the internet. Cryptocurrencies are based on open-source technologies and consist more or less of algorithms. There is not only Bitcoin but thousands of cryptocurrencies; you will find the most important ones in the list below.
Of course, it is not entirely correct when we tell you that you can compare Bitcoin and Co. with securities, but it should still be sufficient as a rough comparison. Basically, in most cases, supply and demand determine the price. Ethereum is primarily known for mining, but that would go beyond the scope given here and miss the point.
- Bitcoin – The most popular and well-known cryptocurrency.
- Litecoin – One of the oldest and most popular cryptocurrencies.
- Dogecoin – A cryptocurrency for Shiba the dog. Honest.
- Ethereum – A cryptocurrency using ledger technology, known for “mining” in huge “farms” – mainly in Iceland with its cheap electricity.
- Tether – One of the most popular cryptocurrencies that many crypto casinos offer.
- Ripple – Particularly popular with companies.
The best crypto coins
- Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
Bitcoin is abbreviated with the abbreviation BTC and BTC Cash generally with BCH. BTC naturally comes from the first BTC and both can be used today and are also very similar in many respects. A key difference is the size of the block. This amounts to 1MB for Bitcoin and about 8MB for Bitcoin Cash. These, therefore, require significantly more memory, but at the same time enable faster transactions. However, a larger size unit also means higher costs, so not everyone can work with BCH at all.
Ethereum is an open-source distribution system that enables programs to be created and managed in a blockchain. The internal currency Ether, also known as ETH, is used here.
Litecoin was also known as a cryptocurrency and was first released in 2011. This currency was invented by Charlie Lee. As far as the technical structure and processes are concerned, everything is very closely linked to the Bitcoin system.
Ripple is a payment network for banks to make payments cheaper and more efficient. It is subject to the cryptocurrency XRP of the same name.
What fees apply to Bitcoin?
As a player interested in Bitcoin as a payment method in the best crypto casinos, you would of course like to know whether there are any additional fees. As a rule, we can answer this with a clear no. Normally, with this type of payment, online casino operators do not charge any additional fees for the players. But this statement is not binding. As is well known, exceptions confirm the rule. Therefore, as a precaution, you should always pay attention to the crypto conditions in this context in advance.
What actually is a crypto casino?
In simple terms, a crypto casino is an online casino that accepts cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Dogecoin as payment. Some arcades only offer cryptocurrencies as a payment method, but most offer you a mix of cryptocurrencies and classic payment methods. Due to the growing scrutiny from the authorities, more and more online casinos offer bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Did you know? Supply and demand determine the value of cryptocurrencies.
Main features of crypto casinos
At the heart of modern cryptocurrencies is blockchain technology, which organizes a database from a chain of special blocks with specific design rules. Blockchain is based on the principles of decentralization, i.e. the database is not stored in one place, but is located on millions of computers of system participants.
Cryptocurrencies can be mined on your own or purchased with traditional payment methods on special exchanges.
Bitcoin is the first decentralized digital currency independent of governments, traditional currencies, banks and other financial institutions. Now everyone can take advantage of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies:
- International payment methods for settlements from anywhere in the world.
- Independence from political or legal influence.
- It is not regulated by any country’s central bank.
- Digital money cannot be counterfeited.
- Full anonymity and payment security.
In order to transact with a casino gaming account, a user must have a cryptocurrency wallet. Funds to the virtual wallet can be booked as a result of “mining” (independent production of digital currency) or after purchasing e.g. Bitcoin on a cryptocurrency exchange.
Further actions practically do not differ from traditional monetary transactions. To replenish your cryptocurrency casino account, you need to select the appropriate casino (use our list) and register an account if you are not an existing customer. In addition, in your personal account, in the list of available payment methods, you need to select Bitcoin or any other available digital currency, enter the desired top-up amount and indicate the bitcoin wallet address. After that, automatic transaction processing will begin. Withdrawal of funds from the gaming account is carried out in the same way.
At the stage of creating an account, do not forget about promotions in the casino. For example, a new user can receive a registration bonus. A no deposit cash bonus or free spins on online slots can be awarded as a starting gift. You can view the no deposit bonus codes on our website.
How to play in crypto casinos anonymously?
The basis is the information you provide to the casino during registration. If you want to remain anonymous while playing games, you will have to provide information that is not directly connected to you and use digital wallets through the newly created email address. It is an e-mail that is the main source of communication and a means of registration at the crypto casino. So you can separate both crypto transactions from your regular transactions and communications in a simple way. For greater security, you can also use the so-called VPN security service, which will hide your IP address at the same time.
By creating a new email address, you can continue by also linking a new digital wallet to it, for example, created through an intermediary exchange or as standalone software. This will completely separate your personal data and you will be able to anonymize your time spent at the Bitcoin casino, which ensures your higher security. However, for even more security, choose only those crypto casinos that are trusted, licensed and well-known.
- Select the crypto casino.
- Choose a deposit method.
- Decide on the deposit amount.
- Make a crypto deposit.
- Enjoy the crypto casino games.
Benefits of playing in a cryptocurrency casino
The sharp increase in the exchange rate of most cryptocurrencies in 2022 resulted not only from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic and related changes in the world’s largest economies. Confidence in decentralized currencies has grown in all areas. Major payment systems are planning to introduce the possibility of conducting transactions through a cryptocurrency. There are more and more platforms to buy/sell BTC, ETH and other digital currencies.
Bitcoin is penetrating deeper and deeper into the realm of gambling entertainment. More and more crypto casinos are gradually appearing with the ability to deposit and withdraw winnings in digital currencies. Let’s highlight a number of advantages in the operation of cryptocurrency casinos:
- 100% anonymity. Bitcoin money transactions are completely anonymous. The player does not have to share his personal data anywhere, which eliminates the risk of personal data leakage. Transactions cannot be traced because the cryptocurrency has no regulator, it is completely independent and customer funds are safe.
- Minimum commissions. As a rule, online casinos themselves do not charge commissions for conducting monetary transactions. But payment systems accept a certain percentage for transactions related to customer expenses and income. The average can be between 2% and 4% per trade. When calculating with cryptocurrencies, commissions are minimal – within 1-1.5%.
- Payment speed. Replenishment of the game account is carried out immediately, without additional checks. At the same time, bitcoins can also be withdrawn from the account as soon as possible without having to wait for the money to arrive within a few days.
- Ability to place small bets. The high exchange rate of Bitcoin against the same US dollar leads to the fact that the floor of the exchange rate using digital currency can be around C$ 0.0001, which is almost impossible to find on traditional gambling sites.
- Independence. Digital currencies are outside the sphere of political or legal influence of any country. It is a completely autonomous financial instrument available to any user without restrictions.
- High exchange rate volatility. The rate can increase by 20% in a month, which automatically increases the value of all winnings received in bitcoins. On the other side of the coin – under the influence of certain factors, the rate may fall, but the latest trends only speak of strengthening the position of bitcoin.
- Bitcoin has high liquidity. The winnings received in cryptocurrencies can be used in various ways – pay for goods and services on the Internet, order hotel rooms and buy tickets, and easily buy popular fiat currencies.
Canadian players can also take advantage of these benefits. Choose the best Ethereum or Bitcoin casino from our ranking and enjoy a new level of financial freedom when conducting monetary transactions. At your disposal are proven online casinos that operate under licenses from well-known regulators.
Best places to buy cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that can be publicly traded, used as a means of payment or as an investment tool. As such, it must be purchased through one of the following three methods: an exchange, through a broker or a peer-to-peer platform. Therefore, it is necessary to choose which method suits you best, for beginners, brokers that have a lower minimum initial deposit requirement are recommended. On the contrary, peer-to-peer platforms provide negotiations directly with people without an intermediary, but there is not always a guarantee of complete security of transaction fulfillment.
- Coinbase is the largest crypto broker in the world. Registering on this platform gives you access to the ability to buy and sell Bitcoin, but also other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum. Through a platform of this type, you can also use other financial instruments to invest your purchased coins or you can buy them directly and then transfer them to your digital wallet and from there to the crypto casino.
- Coinmama is an intermediary platform that is among the most trusted and popular platforms for buying and exchanging cryptocurrencies in the world. Here you can easily buy Bitcoins, which you get immediately after the transaction is confirmed on the blockchain. You can then deal with them as you like.
- LocalBitcoins is a so-called peer-to-peer platform within which it is possible to mediate the sale or purchase of crypto tokens, through a number of different payment methods.
Crypto casino games
Crypto casinos allow their players to choose from a wide variety of games from many different categories. Thanks to this, both players who are just starting out with online gambling and seasoned players who will use, for example, a live casino or tournaments and card games and their sophisticated strategies, can easily choose.
One of the most popular types of games remains slots, which have several different types and are built on a different number of reels. Online slots in crypto casinos can be on 3-reel or 5-reel and a different number of game lines on which you try to find combinations that will be winning for you. It is also possible to play, for example, progressive (jackpots that gradually increase), classic jackpots (in a fixed amount) or other types of slots. We can divide these into video slots, animated slots or classic ones, i.e. number and fruit slots. The advantage of these crypto casino games is their great simplicity, so they are ideal for complete beginners.
Often referred to as the queen of gambling, roulette is a table game in crypto casinos based on chance, but it does allow for a variety of betting strategies to tip your luck a little more in your favor. You can do this, for example, by choosing a variant of the roulette game, among the most famous are American, European and French, which differ from each other in the number of zeros and some changes in the rules and accepted bets. The principle of roulette is to place a bet on the game squares, which are in black or red. The croupier then spins the roulette wheel and drops the ball, depending on which number it lands on, that player wins or, conversely, the casino can win.
A popular card game is the so-called Blackjack. This is a famous game, the basis of which is to get the sum of the cards as close as possible to 21. However, not only can you not exceed this value, you must also beat the dealer. There are several strategies that can be found when playing blackjack and the most famous one is called card counting. Although it looks like an illegal strategy from movies and some brick-and-mortar casinos, the rules do not prohibit it and it is possible to use, for example, odds calculators or cards that you can easily find online. Blackjack is a popular game with many variations and live casino or crypto casino options.
Originally referred to as Baccara, this traditional gambling game known as Punto Banco is among the most sought-after card games. Similar to blackjack, baccarat also requires a certain sum of cards, in this case, the number 9. Also, in this case, it is necessary to get as close as possible to the value, while beating the dealer. Also, in this case, you can find not only several different variations but also betting strategies that you can use. You can also play baccarat in a crypto casino or live casino, where you can compete in real-time against the dealer or fellow players. Some crypto casinos also offer the possibility of tournaments.
How to play with cryptocurrencies in online casinos?
Cryptocurrencies work a little differently than traditional payment methods like credit cards or online banking. But don’t worry, it’s not complicated and now I’ll show you what you need to consider.
How to deposit and withdraw at crypto casinos?
How to make a deposit in crypto casinos:
- Register at the crypto casino of your choice.
- Choose the desired cryptocurrency and the address associated with your account will appear on the screen.
- Choose your so-called crypto wallet.
- Paste the address mentioned in point 2 into your wallet to transfer the cryptocurrency.
- Such a deposit usually only takes a few minutes. If you want to play with a bonus, please make sure it is active before playing.
How to withdraw money from crypto casinos:
- Log in and go to the withdrawal section of your account.
- Copy and paste the address from your crypto wallet.
- Choose the amount and currency.
- Confirm the payout.
- In most cases, your funds should appear in your crypto wallet in just a few minutes.
Crypto casino deposit and withdrawal fees?
Almost all crypto casinos do not charge any fees when it comes to deposits or withdrawals. However, fees may apply to the actual purchase of cryptocurrencies.
Did you know? Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency based on blockchain technology.
Types of crypto wallets
Crypto wallets have two main divisions, the so-called hot and cold wallets. The main difference between them is the internet connection, hot wallets require an internet connection, on the other hand, cold wallets work offline and are thus considered the most secure. It is important to carefully consider the choice of wallet and it is recommended to use a combination of both online and offline wallets for greater security. It is also possible to use the following types of wallets:
- Web wallet
One type of wallet is through a web browser with an online interface. These wallets have simple accessibility and often a friendly user interface. You can simply log in online or from a smart device. However, web wallets are vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
- Mobile wallet
Another type is mobile software, available in the form of an application. These are more secure thanks to the additional security of the mobile phone, for example through PIN or fingerprint login.
- Hardware wallet
Wallets in the form of hardware are considered the most secure, they take the form of a USB device and can be used by connecting to a device. These are the most secure ever due to their offline features.
Play in online casinos with cryptocurrency
Today, a large number of players focus on choosing crypto casinos with the support of popular and widespread cryptocurrency. Compared to traditional casinos, these portals often focus on innovation and providing a modern player experience that takes the casino gaming experience to a whole new level while bringing with it a whole host of benefits, be it significantly lower costs, processing speed or security.
Also in Canada, you now have the opportunity to choose from a wide range of platforms that fall under the category of cryptocurrency casinos and offer the possibility of depositing and withdrawing funds using cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin, instead of regular currencies. Some casinos may also support other altcoins like Bitcoin Cash or Ethereum and Ripple or many others. So the choice is really wide at the moment.
In addition to cryptocurrency giving you the option of virtually instant transactions at no extra cost, these crypto casinos also provide you with a wide selection of game catalogs that include a huge selection of different types of the most modern games.
Crypto casinos pros&cons
- Fast and secure money transfers.
- Anonymous referrals.
- Usually no or only small fees.
- Crypto bonuses are often huge.
- Better game control as you need to buy cryptos beforehand.
- Cryptocurrency exchange rate fluctuations.
- Cryptocurrencies are not in every casino.
- If you make a mistake, the money may be gone.
- Always pay attention to the bonus wagering requirements.
- The Cryptocurrency gains may not be tax-free.
Cryptocurrencies vs other payment systems
Cryptocurrencies have many advantages; more than those mentioned above. If you have cryptos in your wallet, you can deposit and withdraw extremely quickly and anonymously, of course. In addition, there are some insanely good offers from crypto casinos that you cannot get with the classic payment methods.
Cryptocurrencies vs other payment methods
Alternative online payment methods
While you have the option to use a credit card directly on the Canadian crypto casino website, this often comes with strings attached as many credit card companies either do not allow you to use their financial services or enforce strict limits. A great way to fund a virtual casino account is to use an alternative payment method.
If you think you might try playing at more than one online casino, make sure you sign up for an alternative payment method so you don’t have to make a new one every time need to create an account.
Below we have selected the best alternative payment methods.
With a PayPal account, you can easily transfer money to your wallet using just your email address. When it comes to online gambling, PayPal can be used for both deposits and withdrawals in the countries where they are licensed. PayPal users can enjoy a variety of games online. In fact, PayPal is becoming the preferred and most popular way to play casino games. Not only PayPal casinos exist but also other PayPal gambling hobbies like bingo sites, sportsbooks and poker sites.
Hardly any other payment method available today for making deposit transactions at online casinos can match Paysafecard in terms of simplicity. If you choose Paysafecard Casinos, all you have to do is buy a voucher from a nearby outlet and enter the PIN code.
Furthermore, many online casino operators willingly offer rich welcome bonus offers to their potential players when the latter use Paysafecard as their preferred payment option for gambling deposits.
As a money services company, Skrill offers its customers a wide range of financial services via the Internet. And it’s probably because of its security that Skrill is no stranger to the online casino world and has proven to be one of the cheapest payment options. If after a long day at work you enjoy playing a few hands of blackjack or maxing out slots, Skrill Casinos can give you the pleasure you rightly deserve!
Neteller is one of the leading payment solutions in the gambling space. The solution is specifically designed to move money online via an e-wallet. It has been said that Neteller is designed specifically for the online gambling industry, so it’s no wonder that most reputable casino operating brands are able to carry the badge of the best Neteller casinos. Over the years, Neteller has gained the trust of players who choose to use this service due to its phenomenal security.
Exclusive bonuses in Canadian crypto casinos
Each crypto casino offers its own promotions that serve as inspiration for players to choose that particular online casino. There are a number of different types of offers, some aimed at new players, others at those already registered. Common bonuses include, for example, welcome packages, known as sign-up bonuses, but also bonus offers such as deposit bonus, no deposit bonus, free spins (available for specific slots, often as part of a promotion with the gaming software provider) and more. Another option with many casinos is their VIP clubs and memberships.
Crypto casinos bonus program:
- Welcome crypto bonus.
- Free spins bonus for crypto players.
- Bonus for crypto deposit.
- VIP program for crypto players.
- No deposit crypto bonus.
- Daily, weekly and monthly crypto bonuses.
- Reload crypto bonus.
What is the best strategy to find a crypto casino bonus?
If you decide to use cryptocurrency at online crypto casinos, you need to consider whether there is a suitable bonus for you.
- There is little or no bonus for new players. In the event that there is actually a new player bonus, it’s probably just a 100 percent bonus and it’s accompanied by small deposit bundles.
- It’s more of a bonus for someone who already owns cryptocurrency. If you are planning to invest in cryptocurrency, you should look at the responsibilities of a crypto casino and study the offer of your choice.
- The issuance of bonus money cannot be generalized. Those who make high stakes often only need to claim a bonus once a year.
It is not concrete the issuance of bonus money. There will be no exact determination of the number of bonuses and they will all be paid out on the first working day.
Best crypto casino bonus 2023
7Bit Casino: Welcome Bonus
1st deposit: 100% up to C$300 or 1.5 BTC + 100 Free Spins
Min deposit: C$20, Max bet: C$1.5, Wagering: 40x
2nd deposit: 50% up to C$400 or 1.25 BTC
Min deposit: C$20, Max bet: C$1.5, Wagering: 40x
3rd deposit: 50% up to C$800 or 1.25 BTC
Min deposit: C$20, Max bet: C$1.5, Wagering: 40x
4th deposit: 100% up to C$3500 or 1 BTC
Min deposit: C$20, Max bet: C$1.5, Wagering: 40x
Max win: NO MAX WIN. Bonuses expire after 14 days if the wager is not covered.
Mobile gambling with crypto casinos
Another option is to play through a mobile casino, that is, a casino that is available for smart devices such as mobile phones or tablets. To make full use of the mobile casino anytime and anywhere you only need an internet connection, be it data or WiFi, and then you can play without any problems. It is recommended to use a connection that is sufficiently stable and thanks to which it is possible to play all games, including the live casino, without interruption.
There are several aspects to pay attention to in a mobile casino, the main one being the compatibility of the games with your device. Here it may happen that some games may not be available, often due to insufficient resolution. Also on the operating system that the applications support and from where they can be safely downloaded. In the end, it is the features of the application, whether it provides only games or also the possibility of deposits and withdrawals, customer support contact or other functions.
Other types of crypto casinos:
- Crypto real money casinos.
- Crypto live casinos.
- Crypto new casinos.
- Crypto casinos without registration.
Interesting details in the crypto casinos world
When talking about the current state of the crypto gambling industry, it is important to acknowledge that cryptocurrency is continuously transforming the industry. Players get a lot of promotions at crypto bonus casinos and they can deposit and withdraw their winnings much faster than at fiat currency casinos. Here are some more interesting facts about crypto casinos:
- Crypto casinos are legal in most countries.
Some countries have restrictions and prohibit online gambling
ng. This problem is easily solved if you choose the best crypto casino online. Thanks to the decentralized financial control system, crypto gambling is possible and cannot be considered illegal.
- There is no such thing as anonymity on the internet.
Playing anonymously is not allowed in most countries of the world. It is recommended to register your crypto casino player account and manage in-game funds with a single email address. This preserves the player’s freedom on the internet.
- All deposits and withdrawals resist the financial control system.
The transactions can be made between different parties. There are several ways to verify compliance with the law. Thanks to the anonymized cryptocurrency, the probability of such a check are very low.
- The most popular crypto games are slots.
Crypto slots are the most popular type of crypto casino games. The popularity of slots is easy to explain as they have many offers related to different games and game providers. The spread of slots continues to grow steadily and the options available to online players are increasing.
- The use of cryptocurrency is becoming more and more popular.
The tendency of modern society is to embrace everything unknown and new. Many people are unfamiliar with the term “cryptocurrency” on their own, but there are many variants of cryptocurrency.
- Crypto casinos in Canada have a wide range of providers.
A wide range of providers is a way to do a crypto casino review and choose the best provider. Players appreciate alternatives and never get bored with the same type of games. The casino portfolio of a crypto casino in Canada offers some ideas for the latest setup. You can play online slots with cryptocurrency like Bitcoin etc., run slots from Microgaming, NetEnt and other providers and play all other online games on your smartphone or tablet.
- Instant deposits and withdrawals.
Because you have a crypto wallet, the crypto casino deposit is processed faster than bank transfers. Additionally, cryptocurrencies are unlikely to charge an additional transaction fee. Payments are processed quickly and the player can play with the own sum that he has paid very soon.
- The gambling industry reacts intuitively to cryptocurrency.
If you search the internet for the latest news and gossip, you will find many articles about cryptocurrency and crypto tokens.
Tips for crypto beginners
Many experienced players have bitcoins and know how to use them. Therefore, we would like to give some pointers to the players who have no experience with cryptocurrencies but want to use them.
- Buying and using Bitcoin as a payment method in Canada is completely legal.
- It is very easy to buy bitcoins and use a cryptocurrency wallet.
- There are more than 2,500 cryptocurrencies today, but you shouldn’t go through all of them. Our recommendation is just to use the largest and most trusted cryptocurrencies.
- Choose how you want to buy the cryptocurrency: Via credit or debit card, PayPal or an instant bank transfer.
- Get a reliable cryptocurrency exchange program (I’ve been using eToro for almost ten years).
- The age of cryptocurrency has already begun. Essentially, banks would still exist, but we would need their services to a lesser extent.
Final thoughts on crypto casinos
Cryptocurrencies are enjoying increasing popularity and accordingly more and more excellent crypto casinos are being added. Bitcoin is also losing its unique selling point more and more! Ethereum, Ripple, Dogecoin and many more can now be found in your crypto casino account just as regularly.
Deposits and withdrawals are fast, anonymous, easy and secure. In our opinion, cryptocurrencies are the future and this is already noticeable in the growing number of crypto casinos. Just try it out, with just a few dollars you are there.